Saturday, March 21, 2015

Tamanawas Falls

We got to hike this past week with the sister missionaries from our area and a few good friends to this beautiful waterfall just off of highway 35 in the Mt Hood National Forest.  Such a beautiful waterfall and hike.  Lincoln is ever the good sport about being in the pack. She wants desperately to walk the whole way and she actually hiked the first 1/2 mile.  However, this kid is a bit clumsy and the terrain just got a little hairy.  Lots of roots and rocks to navigate, plus we had a short window to get back to town to meet Avery off the bus.  What a great hiking buddy Lincoln is turning into.
Kal never ceases to amaze me!  This hike was about 4 miles round trip with some steady climbing the first 2 miles.  He hike the entire way and I would say that he actually ran 60% of that.  He is strong and agile.  He has such a good sense of himself and his capabilities.  The only complaint I got was that we didn't have enough time to throw a bazillion. . .yes a bazillion rocks into the river.  
In these small moments I remember the good. 
 The Good meaning:
How blessed I am for these beautiful children I get to be with.
How blessed I am to live in THE most beautiful place on earth, IMO!!!
How blessed I am for good health that allows me to do these things with my kids.
How blessed I am to live in a free country where these outings are possible.
How blessed I am for good employment that gives me these opportunities.
How blessed I am with a spouse that encourages such adventures for me and the kids
So Thankful right now! 



No comments:

Post a Comment