Monday, March 2, 2015

Flexibility

Can I just say how much I love NO SCHOOL!  Avery AND Scott were home today!  I had to continually remind myself that we have school and work tomorrow because it felt so much like Saturday.  
We live in, honestly, one of the most beautiful places in the US.  The Columbia River Gorge is incredible!!  We hiked Elowah Falls today!  So beautiful!  
(This is what I got when I asked her to "smile.")

Our plan was to head on over to Scott's parent's house after we were done hiking but while we were finishing up our picnic lunch I remembered I had agreed to help a friend in the early afternoon.  To say we were all disappointed to miss a visit to Grammy and Gran Bob's house is an understatement, especially when we found out that Grammy had made stew and apple pie for dinner!  Simply put, my kids were ticked off!!!  What stood out in my conversation with my mother-in-law was her grace. She is never one to make a person feel guilty, regardless of the reason.  She and my father-in-law are so flexible.  She totally understood that I had made a commitment and had forgotten about it.  Even though she spent a bunch of  time getting ready for us she was so gracious with a short notice change in plans.  I am so grateful for that, I knew it really was okay.  She wasn't angry and there would be no grudge.  Disappointment, sure.  But, anger?  Never.  I love that quality about Scott's parents.  The ability to adapt regardless of what is thrown at them is a quality that I greatly admire.  I love them for many reasons, this being just one of them!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment