Sunday, February 8, 2015

How To Walk

The Lord opened the door and I stepped through the veil, forgetting how to walk.
The Branch President opened his door and I stepped through remembering.
As I stepped into the water, and then cleansed ~ stepped out.
As I stepped to the chair and they placed hands on my head.
As I stepped down the aisle, sharing the bread and the water.
As I stepped to the table that held the Lord's sacrament.
As I stepped through those beautiful doors in Seattle for my gift.
As I stepped off the plane to Texas to serve my years.
As I stepped up to the alter and faced my best friend.
As I stepped up to the bed to watch these pure ones join our family.
As I stepped up to the podium to do what was right.
As I stepped up to the casket to say my goodbyes.
So many steps, taken on my knees, with hope in my heart that one day the Lord may open his door again and then well practiced ~ I might step back through.
 ~Scott A. Walker

Wow, I love this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment