Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Choice

Some of my Best Friends.  We've shared a lot of miles together.
A few months ago during a lunch time conversation at work we were discussing how we felt when we had to work through our lunch.  I had stated that I often feel like a "martyr" when that happened to me, like I was being taken advantage of.  A co-worker of mine had a differing opinion.  She said she felt like a Bad A@%* when she had to work thru lunch.  She was getting it done!  
I have pondered that conversation a lot over the ensuing months.  One thought that has come to mind repeatedly is  this, life can happen to us or we can happen to life.  We can choose!
Intention.  
Purpose,  
Meaning.  
Rather than waiting for things to fall into my lap I find so much more happiness and joy when I actively pursue a goal.  Making a choice on how I feel/act is so much more rewarding than allowing another to dictate how I feel.  That lunch time conversation impacted me more than I had thought.  Even today, my schedule was slammed.  On top of working I had multiple things that I truly needed to accomplish.  I also had to get in a short run before I went to bed.  It took planning and choice.  I carved a run out of my evening and with the help of a supportive husband I was able to make it happen.  Choice.  We all have it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment