Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Plugging On

I had a day yesterday.  I have not slept through the night in over a month.  It started out with Sick Kids who weren't able to sleep.  Then, it turned into them just coming to get into bed with us.  Next it was them simply waking up and needing to be soothed, re tucked in, or a drink of water.  After avoiding their germs all winter, it is my turn to walk the "sick road," being congested in no way encourages restful sleep.  So, by the time Scott got home from work yesterday I was at the end of my rope. It took less than 15 minutes of him walking thru the door for me to be in bed.  I was beyond exhausted and frustrated.  Sleep is the biggest factor contributing to my emotional bucket.  I have a few friends that suffer from insomnia on a regular basis.  Oh, how I feel for them.  Being sleep deprived can tear at a persons soul.  Fortunately, I was able to get, not great, but better sleep last night and am hoping for the same tonight.  

My Take Away ~ 
Be kind, you may offer the only kind word in someone's day.
Be patient.  It could make all the difference.
Be understanding.  You never know where someone is at emotionally.
Be non-judgemental.  You've never walked in their shoes.

This pic gives me hope and makes me happy.  It was my final leg last year on the EPIC Relay.  This was the end. It would have been so nice to simply call it a day but, I dug deep and finished strong.  That is how I want to live my life.  
Dig Deep.  Finish Strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment