Wednesday, December 17, 2014

6:30 am

6:30 am.  Avery at the piano.  Kal trying to burn our house down. . . oh. . .I mean helping Scott get the fire going in the wood stove.  I love these mostly quiet mornings,  I love how still mornings are.  I love that I haven't screwed up as a parent yet.  I love that, for the most part, the kids are happy and want to sit on our laps, perhaps cuddle a bit, before they have to start getting ready. 
 My favorite is Wednesday.  We all leave the house at the same time.  Scott and I to work.  Avery and Kal to school.  Lincoln to daycare.  I love the camaraderie.  Although we may not want to leave the house, we do so as a family.  
The mornings are when we try to get our scripture reading done and family prayers said.  It doesn't happen 100% of the time but, we make an effort and with any luck our kiddos will see it.  With any luck they will notice the difference on the days those 2 most important things don't happen and help us remember in the future.  In the mornings I remember that I love being a mom/wife and more importantly I love being a mom to Avery, Kal, Lincoln and  a wife to Scott.  



No comments:

Post a Comment