Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Our family tradition on Christmas Eve started years ago when Avery was small.  I love those kind. . .the kind where your kids don't know any different.  We spend the day sledding and follow it up with hot chocolate.  What started out as 2 tiny families has morphed in an open invitation to whomever would like to burn some energy prior to the onslaught of Christmas festivities.  Our family LOVES it!!  However, we ran into just a tiny snafoo this year.  There is NO SNOW!  No Snow = No Sledding.  As a result Plan B came into a effect.  We did a waterfall hike with 3 other families.  Wahclella Falls in the Columbia River Gorge is beautiful!!  We could not have asked for a more enjoyable time with friends in such a beautiful part of the world that Heavenly Father created for us to enjoy.  Avery and Kal were able to hike the entire way and Lincoln did a great job and hiked about half of it.  

Post Hike.  No official nap and Pre Christmas Eve Dinner at Uncle Kyle and Lee's House.
Our Grammy is in the middle of Chemo right now so we had to post a "with and without shot."
**Hope you don't mind Grammy. . .we think you look beautiful!
Nice Hair Avery!
We ended up getting home pretty late from Portland but it was not too late for Avery to get out the cookies and water.  She thought he may need a little hydration.
Dear, Santa
my my brother and sister have trride our hardest to be good
please give us our Cristmas presents and a merry Cristmas to you
hope you like the cookies and water
Love, 
Avery
Ahh. . .it is done.  
We have spent the day really just, running all over the place and it has been highly enjoyable. My husband and I love the Christmas Spirit and our kids love it too.  We have a great time talking about Santa and being good so, he will bring you gifts.  We even have Sam, the elf, who reports back to Santa nightly.  It is fun, but not what Christmas is about.  Not really.  
This past week I had a patient tell me that it really wasn't  feeling like Christmas to him.  He told me that if I really wanted to see how Christmas is done I needed to experience it in Europe because, "That is where Christmas started."  I almost wanted to laugh.  That is where CHRISTmas started?  I just can't agree with that. I believe that it started over 2000 years ago with the birth of baby boy.  In a manger.  In very humble circumstances.  I am forever grateful for that birth.  I testify that Christ was born so he could die for my/our sins so we could return to a very loving and kind Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful for Christ, for the life of service and love that he led.  He showed us how to be  happy and experience true joy.  Just follow HIM!  Christ, is what Christmas is all about.










No comments:

Post a Comment