Monday, December 15, 2014

Adventures



So, my Mr. Kal truly NEEDS adventures.  He NEEDS to get outside daily.  He NEEDS to expend great deals of energy.  He NEEDS to exercise his curiosity gene and explore.  The last month has been a rough one with him and today I realized that his questionable behavior correlates with the winter weather we have been having.  We have not been outside nearly enough.   Today was far from perfect but, we had no angry outbursts, no openly defiant tirades, and no meanness directed towards siblings.  I'm not sure how far we/he actually rode bikes and he was in and out of the burley multiple times but, he was able to get enough of himself expended that he was happy.  Thus, I was happy.

On a side note.  Miss Lincoln was not photographed here as she was asleep in the burley when we finally reached our destination.  However, she woke up (right when my phone died)  and happily ran down the trail and threw her fair share of rocks off the side of the cliff only to realize that she was freezing and hopped back in the trailer!  To be perfectly honest, this ride kicked my can!!  I haven't ridden my bike since the summer and I completely ran out of gas.  Pulling a trailer with two kids that weigh a combined weight of approx. 75 lbs plus Kal's bike just about put me over the edge.  Despite all my huffing and puffing both kids kept yelling, "faster mommy, faster!"

No comments:

Post a Comment