Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Activity Day Girls

I get to help out with the girls from 8-11 years old at our church.  Their group is called Activity Day Girls.  They are DARLING!  During an age where girls tend to be exclusive this particular group of girls is the exact opposite.  They are so open to everyone, despite differences.  Tonight we said good by to this cutie, Ali.  She is moving with her family in a few weeks.  She will be sorely missed!
My favorite thing about Ali is her enthusiasm for service.  Last year we had the girls tell us some of the things they wanted to do, both fun and service oriented.  Ali wanted to help out at a women's shelter.  We were able to partner with Helping Hands Against Violence here in Hood River later that same month.  Ali ended up in one of the groups cleaning an apartment that was being prepared for it's next occupant.  She was so happy to help.  Her words to the director of Hands, "I love to do service!"  She is 10!!!  What an example of  being a follower of Christ.  I have seen Ali exercise patience while working on projects with those around her.  I have seen Ali listen to others ideas with out interrupting  I have seen Ali stop to help someone struggling with whatever we are doing.  I love this girl for being so "good natured."  If we, as adults could be more like Ali we would be a happier people and a  kinder people.  What a great example she is to me!  
Tonight was movie night for the Activity Day Girls.  How cute and funny they are!  Some watched the movie, other played boards games while some helped with constructing a pinata.  Again, it is so nice to watch these girls, of very different family back grounds, work together They are patient and kind to one another.  Everyone plays with or talks to girls that they may not have a lot in common with.  It is fun to see these "unlikely" friendships develop.  I love these girls.  
**Plus I love spending this time with my Avery!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment