Sunday, January 11, 2015

Boys

They come to us so very different.  From the very start this little guy has been his own person, separate from our girls.  He is full of fun, curiosity (which often gets him into trouble,) laughter, and OH SO much energy!  I love him!  I have yet to figure out what makes him tick and I am sure it will take my entire life to figure it out, if I ever do.  
This is what I came upstairs to find.  He had asked earlier for a knife to "cut wood," thinking that he was talking about using a hand saw or an axe.  (This is what he did outside, with heavy supervision from Scott and I, yesterday.) I quickly explained to him we would have to do that later as we needed to get ready for church.  He was not deterred because what he really wanted was a knife to get the bark off the wood we would be burning later in the morning.  As we keep all sharp objects out of sight for our curious children to access he simply reverted to a butter knife.  That seems to be what anyone would do, right?  Log debarked.  Mission accomplished.  Done.  The wheels in that brain of his are already in motion. . .what can I do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment