Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ahhhh Saturday

Okay, first thing is first.  You know how when you pray for patience it's not like you miraculously become super patient and you are no longer short with your kids or spouse or the slow driver in front of you going UNDER the speed limit while you are trying to get to work so your are not too late.  No, it normally works just the opposite, at least for me.  Normally, when I pray for patience everything that would usually try my patience does, ALL IN THE SAME DAY!  That being said, after I wrote my goals down for the whole world to see I fell short in a lot of them!  It was a humbling experience.  It reminded me that we are pushed so we can grow.  If we sit stagnant then we wither.  I guess I am saying that I want to grow.

On a completely separate note, I LOVE Saturdays!  Our family is usually all together on Saturdays.  We often do our daddy/daughter dates or mommy/son dates on Saturdays.  We got both today, at least Scott and Avery got their daddy/daughter date in.  Scott is home so little during volleyball and basketball season that these moments become even more important.  Today, myself and the Littles met Avery and Scott at the high school to watch the boys basketball team play after their date to a local museum.  It was suppose to be a fun family activity, and it was.  It just didn't look like I had imagined.  The AD of our school forgot to schedule refs for any of the games so Scott ended up reffing the freshman game while we watched.  The game also started an hour late so we only stayed for the one before the natives got restless and we went home.   I have to say that I would never want to be a ref but enjoyed watching Scott hustle down the court over and over again!!   
(Lincoln killing time with some friends.)


No comments:

Post a Comment