Monday, January 12, 2015

Hermana Ostler

We got to say, "See you later," tonight to our lovely friend, Shannon Ostler.  She is headed to Provo, UT tomorrow and then off to the Missionary Training Center (MTC) on Wednesday.  From there she will be headed to the Salta, Argentina Mission.  There she will serve for 18 mos for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  
Shannon came into our lives when she was just 12 yrs old.  Not long after we met her she started babysitting for us and became a favorite.  Over the last few years Shannon became a running partner, dear friend, and trusted right hand to me as she nannied for us this past summer.  This girl has literally run her legs off as she did all my long runs along side me (including the dreaded 20 miler!) while I trained for the Newport, OR marathon.  I LOVE this girl!!!  I am forever grateful to her for setting such a great example of a righteous daughter of God. 
I love that Avery will remember tonight as we said good bye.  I'm glad she got to see that  Shannon is going to sacrifice 18 mos of her life to serve the Lord and she is excited about it!!  I love that Avery witnessed Shannon prepare for her mission and I hope she will think back on it as she considers serving a mission herself.   I'm so appreciative of the  powerful example for good Shannon and her entire family has been in my life as well as the life of my family!  
We love the Ostler Family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment