Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year FHE

So last year we started a new family tradition of quarterly goal setting.  We, meaning Scott, myself, and Avery made a goal sheet at the beginning of the year for each quarter.  It basically broke down our yearly goals in the 3 month increments.  I was so excited and to my astonishment so were Scott and Avery.  However, when I went to get our first set of goals to review I could not find them anywhere!!!  I assume that I threw them a way by mistake, I have a tendency to throw everything away!  It has since become a family joke if you can't find something they are probably with "those stinkin' letters!"  
This is a NEW YEAR and we sat down again to do our personal goals/letters.  We tried to be specific and to include the physical, mental, and spiritual parts.  Lincoln's goals consisted of a family picture that Avery drew for her and a few thing that Avery thought she should work on.  Pretty cute huh?.  The funniest one was to stop saying, "chicken butt!"  We have Scott and Kal to thank for that one.  The kicker is that she never says it till she hears someone else say it and then proceeds to repeat it over and over and over again!  So, tonight when Avery was helping her with her goals she just kept on saying it!!! AGH!  2 year olds are AWESOME!  
Kal's were short and sweet as he was off getting into mischief the entire FHE!  We are in a phase in life where I am banking on blessings for simple obedience 'cause most Family Home Evening's consist of some one crying the entire time or some one repeatedly getting into trouble.  
So, our goals are done and put in a safe spot, that I remember.  I even told Avery where I put them this year so when March rolls around and we pull them out to see what our next quarter's goals are, we will actually be able to find them!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment