Friday, January 23, 2015

Sunday Talk

Avery is giving a talk on Sunday.  "I know Jesus loves me," is the title.  Honestly, I forgot, which I do a lot of.  I am very best last minute, or so I tell myself.  She, however, is a planner.  I got home from yoga last night and she was preparing her talk, with visual aids, by herself!  She had mentioned earlier this week that she wanted to write it and then have us look over it but again, I forgot.  This is the first talk she has given that is 100% Avery!  
She never ceases to amaze me. 
 In these moments I realize that it is all going too fast!  She only has 9 yrs left in our house.  In 9 years she will graduate from high school and we are half way!  In these moments I feel a sense of panic.  Are we preparing her like we should?  Will she be ready?  Are we fostering a relationship that will span decades?  Will she even want a relationship with us when she is older?  Does she have a testimony of Christ?  Is she developing a good work ethic?  Are we missing steps that we are going to regret?  Honestly, my list goes on and on and on.  I guess these moments are good reminders that, for me, it is these little moments matter and are quite possibly the most important.  It is a good reminder to stay focused on what is really important.  Family.  So grateful for mine tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment