Sunday, January 4, 2015

Walking. . .

For the past 4 or so years I have walked every available Sunday with my neighbor Terri V.  I call it  my "Terri Time."  She offers such great insight into my life.  Our friendship started not too long after we moved into our house and really blossomed after we started our weekly walks.  It is interesting to me that two people who are in very different places in life can enjoy each other's company so much.  Perhaps that is WHY we enjoy each other's company so much!  Tonight, Terri shared her "Jesus" story that happened on Christmas day.  I loved it so much that I wanted to remember it!  
She was going to a friends house for Christmas dinner and was low on gas.  She stopped at one of our local gas stations which was being run by only one gas attendant.  She patiently waited for him to get to her (we don't pump our own gas in OR.)  He was wearing the bath robe his girlfriend had given him that morning and was so proud that he was "showing it off" to Terri.  She was kind in exchanging small talk with him and  thanked him for working on the holiday.  When her car was full and she was ready to leave the gas attendant asked for a hug, which she happily gave.  As he worked on Christmas Day people had been impatient and annoyed trying to get to their different destinations.  Her small act of kindness obviously impacted him.  She was not sharing this to brag but infact noted that she  had felt "selfish" because it made HER feel so good to have made this small difference in this his life.  What a great example of being Christlike.  Being kind.  Being patient.  Showing Gratitude.  Rendering Service, even in it's smallest form.  I love her for this!  It reminded me that it really is all about PEOPLE not things!  
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love all of us the same regardless of our circumstances! 

No comments:

Post a Comment